Spike Squad Frequently Asked Questions
Our Sports > Women's > Spike Squad > Spike Squad Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where does the Women’s Volleyball Team host their matches? The Women’s Volleyball Team hosts their matches at Huff Hall. [See it on a map]
2. Do I have to be a member of Illini Pride to join Spike Squad? Yes, you must be a member of Illini Pride to join Spike Squad. Spike Squad is a sub-group of Illini Pride.
3. How much does it cost to get into a volleyball match? Home matches are free to all Illini Pride members. They just have to show their membership card to the person standing at the door. Once they enter Huff, check in with the volleyball chairs to mark down their attendance so they can become a part of Spike Squad.
4. Where does the Spike Squad sit? All Illini Pride and Spike Squad members sit on the bleachers on the south end of the court. Members can sit on either side of the court.
5. How is a college volleyball match scored? Volleyball matches consist of the best 3 out of 5 games. Rally scoring is used within a match, so a point is awarded to the team that wins the point no matter who served. The first team to get 30 points and surpass the opposing team’s score by 2 wins the game. The first team to win 3 games wins the match.
6. Who is the player in the different colored jersey on our team? This member is called the libero and acts as a defensive specialist. She can come in and replace any back row player and it is not counted as a substitution. She cannot attack or block the ball, and it mainly used for defense.
7. How many games do I have to attend in order to get a shirt? You must attend 3 home games to receive a Spike Squad shirt and headband.