Aces Frequently Asked Questions
Our Sports > Women's > Aces > Aces Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where does the Women’s Tennis Team host their matches?The Women’s Tennis Team hosts their matches at Atkins Tennis Center. [See it on a map]
2. Do I have to be a member of Illini Pride to join Aces? Yes, you must be a member of Illini Pride to join Aces. Aces is a sub-group of Illini Pride.
3. When is the Women’s Tennis Season? Primarily, the tennis season is during the Spring Semester (starting in January). However, the team does travel and host tournaments during the Fall.
4. How are college tennis matches structured? Each college tennis match has two components: doubles and singles. Doubles involves three matches at once (first team to 8 by two in a match wins) and the team that wins 2 out of 3 gets one overall point. After doubles, there is a short intermission, after which there are six matches going on at once. Each singles match is worth a point a piece and is a best 2 out of 3 sets with standard tennis scoring, usually. The team that wins 4 out of 7 points wins the overall match.
5. What do I get as a member of the Illini Aces? As a member of the Illini Aces, you will enjoy various items. Typically these items include, free food, an Illini Aces t-shirt, raffle giveaways, entertaining shows between doubles and singles, and, of course, some great Fightin’ Illini Tennis! You must attend 4 matches to get our exclusive short-sleeve Dri-Fit Aces T-shirt.