How to Join the Orange Krush
Our Sports > Men's > Orange Krush > How To Join The Orange Krush
Registration for the 2012-2013 Orange Krush is officialy closed. The registration dates for the 2013-2014 season have not yet been announced, but signups will likely begin in early June and conclude in early September. See below the process of becoming a member!
Before you can enter your contact information in our website, you need to do 2 more things to become a member of Orange Krush:
1) JOIN ILLINI PRIDE! Because Orange Krush is a subgroup of Illini Pride, you MUST be a member of Illini Pride to be in the Orange Krush! Click the link at (1) for more information. You will not be able to attend Orange Krush events without an Illini Pride membership card.
Note: When filling out your information page, please leave the "Illini Pride Number" box blank. You will be given a card and number once school resumes.
2) JOIN THE ORANGE KRUSH 3-POINT SHOT PROGRAM! Not only does the Orange Krush support Fighting Illini basketball, but it also doubles as a student-run charitable foundation: the Orange Krush Foundation. With a motto of “Students, Campus, Community,” the Orange Krush Foundation contributes thousands of dollars to the University and local and national charities each year. Over the past fourteen seasons, the Orange Krush has raised and donated over $2 million to local and national charities! Click the link at (2) to get started.
Contact McKennon Biers at email@example.com with questions.
HOW IT WORKS:
To join the Orange Krush, members must raise money by soliciting pledges from friends, family, neighbors, Alumni, and the Champaign-Urbana community. Students may ask their donors to pledge money per 3-point shot the basketball team scores during the upcoming 2012-2013 season. If a donor would rather pledge a flat amount, that is also acceptable. The amount of money that you raise determines your level in Krush.
|All-American (All Students)||$3.00/shot made|
|Varsity (Freshmen)||$1.00/shot made|
|Transfer Student||$1.00/shot made|
|Varsity (Soph, Jun, Sen)||$1.50/shot made|
For example: Joe Smith pledges you $0.10 / 3-pt shot. Record Joe’s information (name, address, pledge amount) and enter it onto the “Pledges” section of the Orange Krush Registration website by September 13th, 2012. If the Illini make 233 three-pointers during the upcoming season, Joe Smith will be billed $23.30 at the end of the season. As a freshman, you would only need 9 more people to donate $0.10 / 3-pt shot in order to become a member of the Orange Krush.
After the season, the Orange Krush Foundation will take care of sending your donors a bill depending on how many 3-pointers the Illini make during the season.
**It does not matter how many donors you have. In the example above, you could have 9 more people donate $0.10 / 3-point shot or just have one more donor donate $0.90 / 3-point shot to have a total of $1.00 / 3-point shot (Varsity member for freshman/transfer students).
**Donors can also make a flat donation instead of a “per-3-point shot” pledge. Every $25 cash donation you receive is considered a $0.10 pledge. For example, a $50 flat pledge donation is equal to a $0.20 per-shot pledge.
***PLEASE DO NOT COLLECT CASH OR CHECKS FROM YOUR DONORS. Instead, upload their name, address, and pledge amount into the Krush registration website. The Orange Krush Foundation will take care of billing ALL of your donors (both flat-pledge and per-shot donors) at the end of basketball season!
Tips for raising pledges:
- Ask family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers
- Approach local corporations and businesses
- Ask ANYONE affiliated with the U of I (ESPECIALLY alumni)
- START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!
- Do NOT give false pledges, or pledges you do not expect to pay. This will eliminate your chance of being in Orange Krush again!!
- Pledge information may be submitted to our online website
- Print off your pledge sheets (Word document) by clicking the following link, and start tracking those pledges today!
- Orange Krush Pledge Sheet